In The Wesley Challenge: 21 Days to a More Authentic Faith, Chris Folmsbee explores twenty-one questions John Wesley used in Oxford, England, with the group that was nicknamed “The Holy Club.” By exploring each of these questions, both individually and as a group, participants may find a more sustainable union with God through everyday practices. Growing in the lives God intended for us involves both talking about and living out the teachings of Jesus. Each of the three sessions in this study addresses seven of the questions, grouped into three categories: Relationship with God, Relationship with Self, and Relationship with Others. Since Wesley originally intended the practices resulting from engaging these questions to be lived out in a group of Christian brothers and sisters, the challenges in this book are best explored in the context of a group.
Click here for a PDF of the schedule.
Steps and Resources to participate in this exciting study:
1. Register for Amplify Media account on browser. Click here for information on setting up an Amplify Media account and getting started.
2. Download the Amplify app and sign in
3. Download or order a copy of the participant guide. Click here to buy a hard copy or download a digital copy.
4. Familiarize yourself with Zoom. Click here for information about Zoom (an online resource for connecting with others virtually).
5. Join a Zoom small group led by Pastor Tobi (Wednesdays 9 a.m. or 7 p.m.) by emailing TNguyen@universityumc.church by Monday 3/23.